Thursday, March 21, 2013

God put it into my heart.....

Proverbs 3:3-6
Key Verse 3:5-6

3 Let love and faithfulness never leave you;
    bind them around your neck,
    write them on the tablet of your heart.
4 Then you will win favor and a good name
    in the sight of God and man.
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    and lean not on your own understanding;
6 in all your ways submit to him,
    and he will make your paths straight. NIV

There are many things in my life that I do not understand or believe to be unfair. I tend to question God about these things for him to give me an answer. Some questions he will reveal the answer to, some questions he does not. I will even try to figure things out on my own and rack my brain to figure it out. Why this or why that? how come you did this or did it that way? What is going to happen?
 God knows all things and he is always right. Currently I am coming to know even more to just trust in him and lean not unto my own understanding. An important aspect of this passage is that it tells us to never let love and faithfulness leave us to keep it close to us and our hearts. This will help us in many ways in our daily life and with God in our situations in life. It will help us to know how to handle things. My main concern should be to walk in love and faithfulness and never forgetting to trust in God and submit.
Submission is vital to allow God to work in our lives. Once we submit and move ourselves out the way God can do what he needs to do. When we waste time leaning on our own understanding,  trying to make sense of things, and not trusting him we block what is coming to us and wont be able to receive it. I am learning to trust and submit so that he can make my paths straight. I make my own paths crooked by trying to go my own way, figure things out on my own, and question God. I need to trust God with my whole heart, not just half or three quarters, but whole heart. Even when things don't look clear and I don't get it, I need to trust and allow God to be God. I am learning to not think that God doesn't know what he is doing. I would rather God order my steps and give me that straight paths rather use my own reasoning to get to where I want to go.
Just trust God even when you dont get it, deny yourself, and you will see that what he is doing is exactly what you need.


With Love,
Kendra

No comments: